Public Relations Senior Vice President - Fintech (NY) (New York)
Compensation: $192,290.00 - $192,290.00 /year *
Employment Type: Full-Time
Industry: Financial Services - Banking/Investment/Finance
Loading some great jobs for you...
Public Relations Senior Vice President - Fintech (NY)
New York, NY
Founded in 2010, Method Communications is a midsize public relations and marketing agency. Our culture is anchored in our core values relationships, resourcefulness and results and enables us to produce award-winning work. Were proud to be a nationally recognized team and agency, with honors such as The Holmes Report Technology Agency of the Year, PRWeek 40 Under 40 and PRWeek Young PR Professional of the Year, among others.
Note: This open SVP role requires specialized agency and/or in-house experience in Fintech.
The Senior Vice President (SVP) at Method Communications is a senior-level management role that leads in all aspects of Methods business across client work, business development and agency initiatives.
As an SVP, you will ensure that Method Communications delivers world-class services to our clients. You will play an integral role on the leadership team, collaborating with People Ops, Finance and Operations on internal agency initiatives.
SVPs are hands-on team members actively engaged in day-to-day work activities will also serving in a leadership capacity. As an SVP, you will be responsible for helping to grow Methods business, advise clients and manage a diverse group of team members. SVPs are proactive, seek to solve problems, overcome challenges and develop strategies and programs that meet client and organization goals.
Account Management, Strategy and Execution:
- Provide sound high-level strategic guidance and counsel for C-level clients and other management internally, charting teams toward well-conceptualized PR programs
- Act as the first line of responsibility for the success of client accounts and client retention
- Oversee projects and initiatives, allowing team members to own and manage projects
- Work with VPs to ensure assignment and delegation of roles and responsibilities across internal teams
- Ability to review and provide guidance on media requests and opportunities, briefing books and backgrounders, and actively identify new reporters and storylines that make sense for the client
- Maintain strong relationships that translate into positive media relations for clients
- Help build and manage Methods ongoing business plan, keeping long-term goals in mind for new business and agency growth
- Promote continuous growth and learning through new client experiences
- Play an active role in knowledge-sharing and develop initiatives that help shape the direction of the company
- Actively leverage existing and build new relationships for business development
- Conceptualize and lead new client pitches
- Act as a leader across the agency, provide strategic counsel to account team leads for both assigned and unassigned accounts, and uphold agency best practices for all core areas of account service
- Act as a mentor for designated direct reports, identifying goals and providing guidance and feedback on performance during coaching sessions
- Deliver constructive and clear feedback to ensure level requirements are met and correct action is taken when necessary
- Advocate for continued learning and personal growth by understanding how to lead and manage multiple people from diverse backgrounds
Particular expertise either in agency or in-house:
- Data Analytics
- 12+ years in agency and/or in-house communications or marketing field, preferably with specialized experience in corporate and internal communications
- Demonstrated experience building, conceptualizing and executing integrated communications programs that align with client/company business goals and objectives that produce significant results
- Senior-level management experience, and/or experience growing a practice area or agency
- Command authority in client communications, demonstrate excellent judgment and emotional intelligence in navigating difficult client conversations.
- Experience leading and growing a multi-disciplinary team
- A deep network of relationships with journalists, analysts and influencers in a variety of technology sectors
- Adaptable management style, fit to manage others and oversee multiple direct reports, working on both hard- and soft-skill development for coachees
- Strong editing and writing capabilities to teach PR and marketing across teams
If youre excited about learning and growing in a fast-paced, dynamic and supportive environment and ready to work with cutting-edge tech startups and billion-dollar brands then consider joining our team. Please submit your resume and a thoughtful cover letter detailing why you think you are a good fit for the role.
Associated topics: controller, director finance, financial director, general manager, operation, president, recruit, senior director, staff, supervise
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...